Review: Evermore by Alyson Noel


Evermore
Evermore by Alyson Noel

My rating: 4 of 5 stars


☆☆☆

Evermore follows the story of Ever, a psychic girl who lost her family in a car crash and now lives with her aunt. She can see people's aura's in terms of colour, can read people's thoughts and even see some parts of their life just by touching them. Damen is the immortal love interest who has been living for over six hundred years.

One of the things I really liked about the book was that it was written in the present tense. It was one of the first books I read that was written like that and I think it worked really well, purely because of the fact that Ever is psychic. This means that we really do experience everything with her character and that's probably one of the best ways to get your readers to connect with your main character.

I loved this book. I thought the whole idea behind it was brilliant and I couldn't stop reading the whole way through. For that reason, I'm not going to give away any spoilers. But I will strongly encourage you to read it.

There are other books in the series that I have read and also enjoyed. Strongly recommend.


✓✓

I've given this a 4 tick rating because Ever's narration always gives us a really deep insight in to what is going on at all times. For example, the opening to the story tells us an incredible amount about Ever's best friend, revealing the tone of her voice, her family background, her visual appearance and this kind of narration continues throughout the book. I also really enjoyed the present tense narration of the story as I've said, which bumped this rating up to 4 instead of 3 ticks.

Reviewed by: Tanya Marie







View all my reviews