Review: Infinite Days


Infinite Days
Infinite Days by Rebecca Maizel

My rating: 3 of 5 stars


☆☆



I read this book a few years ago while I was still in my crazy vampire phase of reading (after Twilight and Vampire Kisses). Generally, it was an interesting read. The concept of longing to be human was interesting at the time and I did like the main character Lenah.

I understand that it's a series book, however I haven't made any effort to purchase the books that come afterwards. Why? The only explanation I can think of, is that the book didn't grip me enough to make me want to read more. I'm not sure that the plot really lived up to my expectations, although the storyline had a lot of potential.

It's not a bad book by any means. In fact, I would like to find the time to read it again as I can hardly remember what happens - which isn't really a good thing. I can remember a boy called Justin, who I believe Lenah turns in to a vampire like herself. I also remember that she has some secret or someone that she is hiding from in the book. Other than that the details of what happened are pretty transparent.

Because of this, I wouldn't necessarily recommend the book to anyone. There are books that I read when I was 11 such as Northern Lights that I can still remember very well even now. I read this about three or four years ago and unfortunately this isn't one of them.


✓✓

I've given this book a 3 tick rating based on the fact that I do think it was well written. We are given flashbacks to when Lenah was a vampire and we are given little hints throughout the book of her past. I am held back from giving it any more than three because other than that, there is nothing much in terms of literary devices to compliment the writing on. It's easy to understand and follow the story and it's enjoyable. 


Reviewed by: Tanya Marie



View all my reviews