My "Sisterhood of the World" Bloggers Award Post




As you will already know from my previous post, I was nominated for this award like two weeks ago by:


I know that I always promote these guys but seriously, they do have really fun and interesting blogs and you should check them out!

I was also nominated by Olivia @ Olivia's Catastrophe for the 'Seven Deadly Sins' tag. I'm really excited to post that one and I will have it up by the Wednesday of next week - closer to Halloween anyway! So thank you Olivia :)

Now I reeeeeaaaaallllly can't be bothered to post all the rules; I have 30 questions to answer so this post will be long enough and you guys know the way these nominations work by now anyway. So I'll just jump straight in with the questions!




I'll start with Tika's questions.


1. What is your least favourite book at the moment?

Ah it's definitely still Jamie McGuire's 'Beautiful Disaster'. It is possibly the worst book I've ever had the displeasure of reading, but now isn't the time to get in to it..

2. What is one book you've read this year that is worth a re-read?

Edgar Allan Poe's 'The Fall of the House of Usher'. Despite the fact that everybody else in my lecture seemed to really dislike it, I actually thought it was great and I would really enjoy reading it again. Think I might do that now actually!

3. If I asked you to recommend me any book of your choosing, what would it be?

The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald (although you may have already read this) or The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. As you can see I'm a big fan of literature!

4. If you could be any fictional character for a day, who would it be and why?

I would actually be Marianne from Sense and Sensibility! I was going to choose Eleanor, but she is a little too serious and I fear that I might not have quite as much fun being her as I would do if I was Marianne. Marianne is all free spirited, opinionated and she's very much like myself I think. I would love to be her for a day because she gets to live in the 18th century - which is a great century that I wish I could have been around for. Plusssssssssssss! She gets to be with Colonel Brandon and he's an absolute sweetie!

5. What's your favourite meal?

A home cooked roast from my mum is the best meal I've ever had and will ever have - I can say this with absolute certainty. Especially when the roast is followed by a home cooked apple crumble oh my god! Basically nothing is better than my mum's cooking - when she's cooking normal food and not fish.

6. Hardback, paperback or E-book?

I quite dislike hardback books if I'm being honest. The main reason is because they're bulky, annoying and they come with those stupid detachable covers that always get crumpled, ugly and keep falling off. I'm becoming more of a fan of E-books because they make reading easier in bed or on the go. But I'm still a loyal fan of my paperbacks. Nothing wrong with a paperback. 

7. Name two books you've given a negative review to this year. In one sentence tell me why. 

The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini because it was far too brutal for me and Beautiful Disaster by Jamie McGuire because it was stupid and poorly written. 

8. If I gave you a lighter and told you to set 3 books that you share a love/hate relationship with on fire, which 3 would it be?

I would never burn a book no matter how terrible it is. Books are wondrous creatures that deserve the utmost love, care and respect. The thought of burning books genuinely burdens my soul with an oppressive distress...

9. You're the main character in a new adult novel. You move in to a dorm/off-campus apartment and have a swoon worthy boy residing across the hall. You guys hit it off immediately and begin "lusting" for one another. What fictional character is he?

Ooooh I like this question! He has to be Jace Wayland/Morgenstern or whatever his surname is (I haven't finished the series yet). Jace has the kind of personality that I find myself most attracted to in males: witty, humorous, edgy etc. However I'm just not attracted to blondes, so he'd have to look like Patch Cipriano: tall, dark hair, muscles... I'm mixing two characters, sorry!

10. If you could write your own memoir, what would the title be?

This is too difficult I actually have no clue!




Jennie's Questions!


1. What is a genre you rarely read but wish you did?

Crime.

2. Do you prefer to read lots of books at once or just one at a time?

I like reading one book at a time so that I can fully focus my attention on it. However, if I'm reading one book and then another book pops up that looks really really interesting, I will attempt to balance the two at once. But never more than two at a time :)

3. Hardback, paperback or E-book?

Same answer I gave to Tika. 

4. If you could be one character in a novel for a day who would it be?

Same answer I gave to Tika.

5. What do you like eating when you read?

Nothing really! But I do like to have a mocha with me whenever I read

6. When you read, do you do it in silence or listen to music? And if so, what songs are on your playlist?

If I'm reading for my studies, then I like to do it in silence. If I'm reading for leisure, then I either listen to the "Your Favourite Coffeehouse" playlist on Spotify or I listen to my own playlist; which comprises artists like The Fray (already mentioned that they're my favourite band), Coldplay, Sara Haze, Matt Nathanson, Lifehouse etc.

7. What was your first blog post/review?

Well this is difficult. My first ever blog post was something like two years ago and it was about fashion... But then I realised that I'm not a fashionable person and I don't know anything note worthy about fashion; so I decided to delete that post and blog about books instead, which I think I'm much better suited to. My first post on this blog then, was a midway review of Beautiful Disaster - which I thought I would really like but I actually ended up loathing!

8. Where is your favourite place to read?

Anywhere comfortable - mostly my bed though

9. What's your opinion on love triangles?

They're very briefly (and I mean very) exciting at first, but once that diminishes then they're full of drama, regret and tears. Also, they're only exciting when it's somebody else's love triangle and not your own!

10. Do you have any autographed books? If so, which ones?

I only have one - Shades of Milk and Honey by Mary Robinette Kowal




Morrighan's Questions!


1. What is your favourite book ever? I know this is a tough one!

Ahh, The Great Gatsby or The Picture of Dorian Gray

2. What book are you most anticipating reading?

The Scorch Trials! (James Dashner)

3. What is your favourite genre? Least favourite? Why?

I like adventure/fantasy novels or just the classics because they both take me in to unknown territories. I wasn't alive in all the previous centuries that the classics were written in and fantasy novels take you to new worlds that test the limits of your imagination. I tend to dislike war books because I just find them boring.

4. What female character do you most relate with?

Marianne from Sense and Sensibility - we share all the same opinions and outlooks on life really. 

5. What male character would you most like to spend the day with?

Simon Lewis (City of Bones) or Minho (The Maze Runner)

6. What is your least favourite book you've ever had to review?

I'm sure you can guess this one... Beautiful Disaster once again.

7. One of your favourite books that you feel deserves more attention or praise?

I'd probably say Silence by Becca Fitzpatrick. It gets a lot of praise already but I love it so much that I just want it to have more!

8. The most over-hyped book you have read this year is?

The Fault in Our Stars

9. If you could live in one mythical world from a book, which would it be and why?

I would really love to live in the Shadowhunter world. I like the fact that it infiltrates the world we live in now and that Cassandra Clare is blurring the boundaries between fantasy and reality. New York City is an amazing place (I've never been but I would love to go) and it's the perfect setting for the Shadowhunters. Plus, they're just really cool to be honest!
But... since reading The Maze Runner I've been having this burning desire to be put in the maze too.. It sounds like a death wish I know but I love the whole idea of it and I'm pretty sure I could kill a Griever haha :)

10. How many books do you physically own, either E-Book or physical?

I think I've answered this question in a different award tag, but I can't remember the answer now! I'm pretty sure that altogether it's over 100. I have a walk in cupboard at home stacked with massive boxes of books that can't fit on my shelves, so yeah..



So those are finally all my answers to this nomination tag thing. Thank you for reading!

Unfortunately, because I'm so late I don't actually have anyone to nominate anymore haha - most people have already done it! So I'll ask a couple of questions to my readers instead! (I don't know if this is breaking the rules of the award but hey, you can't always follow rules in life can you?)



Questions to my awesome readers!
just leave a comment below with your answers guys and you don't have to answer all or any if you don't want to - it would just be nice to get to know everyone a bit better!


  1. Describe yourself quickly in one word... Go!
  2. If you were given £500 right now to spend on anything of your choice, what would it be?
  3. Do you have any weird and interesting habits?
  4. What kind of music do you listen to?
  5. If you could change the ending to one story you've read at any time in your life, what story would it be and quickly summarise how it would end instead!