November means... National Novel Writing Month!!!!

Hello everyone!

Today I thought I'd share with you something that I only very recently discovered called...





NaNoWriMo



National Novel Writing Month sounds pretty self-explanatory, but just in case you've never heard of it before (I hadn't until about 3 days ago!) I'm going to explain it here anyway.

The idea is that after signing up to the NaNoWriMo - that's National Novel Writing Month in abbreviated terms - website, you set yourself the task of writing a 50,000 word novel by 11:59pm on November 30th. So you basically have from days 1-30 of November to try and finish your novel!

If you click on the 'National above, it will re-direct you to the NaNoWriMo homepage, where you can setup an account, login and start writing for yourself. You'd be just under a week behind if you started now, but that doesn't really matter. It's a great opportunity to get creative, take risks and challenge yourself.

The website also hosts 'Write Ins' in locations near you. This means that there will be a location such as a library, bookstore or coffee shop near you where all the writers in your area that are participating can meet up and write together! Pretty fun way to meet new people, isn't it?  

On the website you can earn badges, connect with other writers and get inspirational tricks and tips from some established authors themselves. There is also the opportunity to win several prizes for completing your novel on time, which you can have a look at here.

There are no requirements to signing up and I really would recommend that all of you do. At the end of the day writing is great fun and if you manage to finish your novel in one month, then that's an awesome achievement. If not, then at least you've finally started the novel you've probably been wanting to write for ages now. If it helps, this will probably also be me, as I've been trying to complete a novel since I was 11 years old haha. 

If any of you decide to sign up, or you've already signed up, then please add me! My username is TanyaMS or if you just want to comment with your usernames below, then I will add you. 

This is a really exciting task and it would be great to experience it with all of you! Happy writing everyone!