10 books you could read this year!

Hiya guys!

This weeks post is a shortlist of books to look out for and to add to your to-read lists this year. It's often really difficult to decide what you're going to read when there are just so many books out there, God knows, my bookshelf is literally stacked with books that I've been meaning to read for years. But hopefully with this checklist, you'll have some more motivation not just to read, but to read more! So enjoy!



1. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare




With the way this series is going at the moment (I'm on Book 3), there's just no way I can imagine book six being a disappointment! Cassandra Clare only released this one last year, so it's super super new! If you've not made a start on The Mortal Instruments series yet, then I don't know where you've been. They're awesome, truly captivating reads and thank god, they're not all just about teenagers falling in love and thinking that they have to save the world! It's a lot more than that and it's probably YA fantasy at it's best, in my opinion.



2. The One Plus One by Jojo Moyes



I've mentioned this book before, but it's definitely one you should read! It's more adult than YA, but it's never a bad thing to reach out and broaden your horizons when reading. This book follows what Moyes describes as an unexpected love story between a single mum and an attractive stranger. Sometimes it's difficult to imagine how two different paths will ever come to cross - this is a book that will answer that question for you. 



3. Killing God by Kevin Brooks



The title of this book literally says it all. Why would you not want to read a book about someone who wants to kill God? Probably one of the most interesting and original concepts I've ever heard. Thanks to my housemate for recommending this book to me last year, I can't wait to read it!


4. Paper Towns by John Green


You should read this, number one, because it's a John Green book.. obviously. And number two, because it's going to be a film. One of the worst things is when you go and see a book to film adaptation and become one of those people that haven't actually read the book. It's important to know where it all came from! And to avoid being frowned upon by mass fandoms, honestly just read the book. Also Cara Delevigne is in this movie and she's just 


5. Fifty Shades of Grey by E.L James



I know you're curious, so read it. Also, I went to see this movie and became one of those people I just mentioned. I hadn't read the book before, hence I'm putting in the movie tie in cover. I'm not an original follower of this series, but I definitely found what I did read of it very interesting!


6. I Am Pilgrim by Terry Hayes




A friend recommended this thriller to me a year ago now and as I'm one of those people who buys a book because it has a good cover, I couldn't resist wanting to get this one! US intelligence? A murder? A forensic investigation? Codenames and oblivion? Yes please! I keep talking about how I want to get in to mysteries and thrillers and if you do too, then try this one!


7. Kindred by Octavia Butler



A really interesting novel about a woman who involuntarily time travels back in to the days of slavery. It's a science fiction novel as well as a novel about race. This is definitely one to read this year!



8. More Than This by Patrick Ness



A boy wakes up on the street after drowning in an ocean - he believes he is in hell. Wait, what? I know. Brilliant idea for a novel and I can't wait to read it myself!



9. The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks



Because when has Nicholas Sparks ever written a romance novel that isn't just breathtakingly beautiful? His books are awesome and so are all the films!



10. Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead



Apart from the fact that it has a brilliantly captivating title, the book genuinely sounds interesting. It's futuristic, set in a world of religious extremism, involves solving murders and there's that whole human vs. everything non-human thing going on in this book.


So those are the 10 books that I plan on reading this year and 10 books that you could also read this year! Hope this list has helped anyone who is running out of things to read and please share this post with your friends. The more people we can get in to reading, the better!