How many more great books can we adapt in to successful TV Series?



This morning as I was flicking through the hundreds of book titles in my room, I came across two of my oldest books. L.J Smith's Vampire Diaries and Charlaine Harris's Dead Until Dark. I started reading both of them years ago and since then, they've both been picked up and adapted by networks in to two of the world's most popular and successful TV series. The Vampire Diaries has been a major part of my leisure time for years now. It's a series that I've been following since the first episode and absolutely love! But about a month ago now, the fandom got hit with some sad news - that Nina Dobrev has decided to leave the show. Here's what Nina had to say about it all on Instagram:

 I always knew I wanted Elena’s story to be a six season adventure, and within those six years I got the journey of a lifetime. I was a human, a vampire, a doppelganger, a crazy immortal, a doppelganger pretending to be human, a human pretending to be a doppelganger. I got kidnapped, killed, resurrected, tortured, cursed, body-snatched, was dead and undead, and there’s still so much more to come before the season finale in May. Elena fell in love not once, but twice, with two epic soulmates, and I myself made some of the best friends I’ll ever know and built an extended family I will love forever.

It's really weird to think that there will be no more Elena Gilbert in the show, but in a way I suppose it's kind of exciting to anticipate where the producers are going to take the show next. They've already had so much success with the main show itself and with the additional The Originals TVD spin-off series, it seems like the possibilities are endless. So here's to 6 amazing seasons with Nina and best of luck to her in the future!  



But with what could potentially be the symbolic end of a great six-season storyline, it all kind of got me thinking about all the other great books that could be turned in to TV series. I mean what ever happened to the Hush Hush movie?! Is that ever going to be released?! Do you think it could be made in to a TV series?

And what about Julie Kagawa's The Immortal Rules series? That would be pretty cool to watch on TV wouldn't it?

We've had Gossip Girl, The Secret Circle (even if it was only for 1 season) and Pretty Little Liars. So clearly there is a market out there for adapting YA series books in to hit TV dramas. We've even got the new ABC Shadowhunters series to look forward to and you can read my post about that right here.

What books would you like to see turned in to TV series and why?