5 Tips To Tackle Boredness

Hello!

I know that it's been months since my last post but I think it's a given that with university coursework and reading, I had to do some prioritising and my blog inevitably got left behind. But it's exactly that which has inspired this post.

While you're at university or even if you have a full time job, it can sometimes feel as if your life is being sucked away by other things that you have to do, but don't necessarily want to do. I feel like I'm constantly tired because my daily routine has become extremely mundane. I can't remember the last time I just sat down with a cup of coffee and read ten chapters of a book that I've been wanting to read for ages, or the last time I went to the cinema, went on a shopping spree with my friends or basically just did anything fun. 

Recently I've been finding it difficult to feel enthusiastic and creative because I've spent so much of my time working. But it really is important to effectively manage your time and allocate slots for all the things you love. There is enough time in the day, you just have to be prepared to tell yourself to stop doing one thing and move on to the next thing you want to do. 

1. Find the time to read

I think that allocating time for reading is definitely a must. I used to be such an avid reader and now I can't remember the last book I actually chose to read for fun and completed. 

2. Ignore the weather

The weather has been pretty bad of late, but there are still a ton of things that you can do even if it's dreary and raining outside. You could relax and watch a film that you've been wanting to see for ages. Or you could just take a raincoat and an umbrella and go and visit a museum or an art gallery. Don't let the weather keep you inside doing absolutely nothing all day.

3. Get a change of scenery

Maybe take a book or some uni work to a coffee shop and try working there. Changing your environment can really help you get out of those ruts that we all get stuck in when we're doing university work. A change of scenery always helps!

4. Plan a trip/holiday with your friends

My friends and I have been saying that we'll go on a spa weekend together for basically a year now, but neither of us have made the time to properly sit down and organise a time when we can actually all go. Planning a trip or holiday with your friends gives you something to look forward to and work towards and it will make your weeks feel much more interesting. 

5.  Be spontaneous

One of my friends told me last night that she was going on a trip to Belgium today - completely out of the blue. Why not get on a train or drive to somewhere new? There's so much to see in this world if only we made the time to see it!
(Obviously don't do this alone - it's a dangerous world out there guys)