Luxury Beauty Gift Sets To Kick Start Your 2017: Estee Lauder Pure Colour Envy

I've tried a few different high end brands in my life, but I've never had anything from Estee Lauder before. I've heard great things about their double wear foundation and their perfumes, but I never would have thought about trying any of their mascaras or eyeshadows or even their skincare. Which is why this gift set was such a great eye opener for me and I am honestly obsessed with so many of the products in this set that I couldn't be happier with it.


Estee Lauder


All of the products came in this beautiful leather case, which I actually prefer to the Charlotte Tilbury box I mentioned in my last post. The gold hardware against the smooth black just looks so luxurious to me. 

Yes these are pictured on a white sheet because I did not want any make-up to fall onto my duvet!


Make-Up Products:

Pure Colour Envy Eyeshadow Palette - 16 shades, plus a highlight, blush and bronzer
Pure Colour Envy Lipsticks - 340 (Envious) and 410 (Dynamic)
Pure Colour Envy Lipglosses - 340 (Flirtatious Magenta) and 110 (Discreet Nude)
Sumptuous Extreme Lash Multiplying Volume Mascara - 01 (Extreme Black)

Skincare Products:

Advanced Night Micro Cleansing Foam
Advanced Night Repair
Revitalising Supreme +
Modern Muse Perfume




The eyeshadow palette basically solves all of my eyeshadow problems. Because I don't wear eyeshadow that often and I'm not very experimental with it, the abundance of subtle shades in this palette makes it perfect for me. There is one absolutely gorgeous purple shade in the palette called Currant Desire and the brown shade Fierce Sable is perfect as a natural base for sweeping all over the lid. All of the highlighter, blush and bronzer shades are also limited edition, which makes it quite a special palette in my opinion. 


The two lipsticks are so so beautiful (something you're going to hear me say a lot about this collection, sorry!). The colour Envious is a fiery red shade, unlike any other red I own. It has a slight orange tint to it, which makes it more versatile and easier to wear during the day. The shade Dynamic is a very pretty rosy pink, so it's a good choice for everyday wear. 




The lip-glosses are dazzling. That is the only way to describe them justly because they literally make my lips sparkle. Of course, my favourite shade is the deep glittery cherry one - 340 Flirtatious Magenta. I'll insert a picture of me wearing it so you can see what it looks like on. The great thing about the lip products in this set, is that along with the mascara, they are all full-sized products, not minis!

In the picture above I'm also wearing the Sumptuous Extreme Volume mascara, which I really like because when you build it up, it gives you a full set of lashes. My right eye is the worst when it comes to mascara - there are always gaps and the lashes on that eye never get as long as the ones on my left eye. But with this mascara, I can almost get both eyes to look the same. Also, the gold tube is just stunning 😍

I take my skincare really seriously - I have actual skincare routines and I love trying out new skincare products, way more than I like trying out new make-up products. I pretty much do the same make-up looks everyday, which is probably why I chose to get a massive skincare product from Charlotte Tilbury instead of a bunch of make-up haha. If you haven't read that post yet, then you can do so by clicking here.  

I was so excited to try out the skincare products in this set and honestly, I am in love with all three of the products. Used together, used on their own, they are just amazing. The oil and the moisturiser leave my skin feeling so so soft, unlike anything I've ever tried before. I usually use skincare products from The Body Shop, but this is on a whole other level. I have nothing bad to say about these products. Even though the sizes are minis, you need such a small amount of product that I know I'll have them for months. I think that is what really sets high end skincare apart from the more accessible brands you find in Boots and Superdrug, because these products are investments that will last you absolutely ages. If I could recommend anything from this whole gift set, it would have to be all the skincare products for sure! Although it's really difficult because I honestly adore everything here! But if it came down to it and I had to re-purchase anything from this whole set, it would definitely be the moisturiser or the oil drops and I would really recommend trying them out yourself too.

I know I wouldn't usually write such extensive beauty posts, but I'm just so chuffed with the things I got for Christmas this year and my blog is my personal way of sharing that excitement with everyone. So I hope that you've enjoyed reading this and I'll be back with another book related post next week!