Flirtatious Florals for summer weddings














Although the weather has been a little up and down recently, as it always is around this time of year, many of you will have received invites already to those wonderful events that commemorate a couple's love. Whether it's a relative or an outer circle friend, weddings are events that bring everybody together for a day filled with smiles, happiness and love. Some people dread getting invited to weddings, fearing that they will be the lone egg left at the pretty table while everybody else exchanges loving glances of awe at their partner's beauty, fingers intertwined in personal patterns of affection. If that's you, then I'm about to teach you how not to be stuck at the singles table at a wedding. Dress the right way and you might even find yourself meeting your husband or wife at one of these numerous summer events!

Dressing well isn't just about following trends, it's about wearing what you feel comfortable in and also looking good while you wear it. One of the best ways to look good is to wear your outfit with confidence, bearing in mind, what looks good is definitely subjective. For example, I will throw a leather jacket on over absolutely anything and I was even tempted to wear one with this dress! However, a leather jacket is not really summer wedding appropriate in my opinion. If you know me, you'll know that when I'm in one of my many, many leather jackets, I usually get a little strut going on because I feel like a bit of a badass. Judge me if you want, but we all want that one item that gives us the natural strut.

I take a lot of pride in my appearance, so one of the main things I look for in a guy is someone who is well dressed. Even if I'm just popping to the supermarket I will think about what I put on, so it is important for me that the person I'm with does so too. I love a man in a suit, so weddings and formal events are the perfect place for me to catch some fire eye candy. This post has been written in collaboration with Bonobos, an american based men's clothing company who offer some beautiful pieces for formal looks. They have a range of smart suits in wool, linen and chambray, in a variety of smart colours. But best known for the amazing fit of their men's trousers, they definitely have the smart, refined and gentlemanly look covered. There really is nothing worse than an ill-fitting suit!

I think that white trousers or any kind of lighter colour like grey or pale blue is the perfect way to wear a suit for a summer wedding. Paired with a subtle print tie, plain shirt and a beautifully coloured blazer, the look is absolutely nailed. It's very easy to get bogged down in dark, generic colours like a navy or black suit, but it's far more attractive and interesting to play with colours during the summer and do something a little different. Bearing in mind, if you're going for something quite light and statement-y on the bottom, then you want to make sure that the top doesn't detract from this!

For women, at summer weddings class is absolutely key. You want to wear a pale colour, something like the peach, printed floral dress I'm wearing in the photo above. It's pretty and feminine and it has enough detail to make a statement without stealing the attention away from the bride. If pretty dresses and floral patterns aren't really your thing, then playsuits will be your best friend. Something plain or with a simple print like stripes would be perfect. I picked a stripey playsuit up in the Bershka sale for just £6 a couple of weeks ago! With a pair of heels, some sunglasses and a pretty bag, you've managed to get a laid back but dressed up look and you haven't gone to too much effort to do it.

Overall, what's key to dressing for summer weddings in my opinion, is the subtlety of print and colour. You want to wear something different and exciting, but you don't want it to take over. As I said earlier on in my post, what looks good is definitely a matter of opinion. I personally like guys who wear a bit of colour and have a sort of preppy Chuck Bass-esque element to their look. I also like wearing pretty dresses or playsuits if I'm not feeling in the girliest of moods. If you have a partner that needs dressing for a summer wedding, then definitely check out the Bonobos website. The style of garments available are exactly the sorts of things I would be looking at if I were shopping for a partner.  If you're a girl looking for wedding inspiration, then check out ASOS (who wouldn't?) or have a rummage through the summer sales in some of the more casual shops like Bershka, as dressing up a casual piece allows you both versatility and the ability to create your own personal look!